Samsung has released the June 2023 security update for Galaxy S22 in Europe and Latin America. It’s now coming to the United States.
New security update available for Galaxy S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra. This Update comes for carrier-locked models with firmware version: S90xUSQU2CWE7. And for unlocked models: S90xU1UEU2CWE8. Users on Dish Wireless, Metro PCS, and T-Mobile can update their phones.
To check for the new update on their Galaxy S22 series phones, US users can navigate to Settings > Software update and select Download and Install.
New update changelog
- The update focuses on enhancing device security
- Over 60 security vulnerabilities identified in Galaxy smartphones and tablets addressed
- No new features or performance improvements are mentioned in the official changelog
- June 2023 patch incorporates 53 fixes from Google for Android-related security flaws
- Three critical vulnerabilities were fixed, along with 50 highly important ones
- Samsung has addressed 11 security vulnerabilities specific to their devices
Samsung has shared information about three security issues called Samsung Vulnerabilities and Exposures (SVEs). They will reveal more details about other vulnerabilities once all Galaxy phones and tablets have received the June 2023 update or later security updates. The three flaws they mentioned affect Galaxy devices running Android 11, Android 12, and Android 13. One vulnerability affects devices with Exynos chips, while the others are about problems in Knox and its CC mode.
So, that’s all about this new update. Already, we know that Samsung is going to release an Android 14-based OneUI 6.0 beta update for the Galaxy S22 series at the end of this year. We will give you updates on it. Stay connected with us.