OnePlus Nord CE 2 5G is getting stable OxygenOS 12. OnePlus is prepared to release the stable OxygenOS 12 upgrade for the Nord CE 2 5G after a few weeks of beta testing. The phone was first released in February with OxygenOS 11.3/Android 11.
Following this upgrade, it will get one more significant OS update (also, the company has committed to 3 years of security patches). This update (version C.05) contains the July security patch in addition to all the features from Android 12 and new features from OnePlus. The new version’s complete changelog is provided below:
OnePlus Nord CE 2 5G is getting stable OxygenOS 12
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Newly added three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
- Newly added Work-Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Newly supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
Make sure your Nord CE 2 5G has at least 5GB of free storage and a battery charge of at least 30% before installing the update. Keep in mind that because the update is being released gradually, you might not notice it straight away.
It is now only accessible to a limited portion of people, but that number will grow over the next few days. For feedback from people who have already installed the update, check out this forum thread. If required, there are additional instructions on how to revert to Android 11 available. By the way, OxygenOS 12 began rolling out to the original OnePlus Nord CE yesterday.