OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro has been getting OxygenOS Open Beta 4 update. Which bumps up the Android security patch level of them to November 2020.
The new beta update is coming with the user experience of apps in split-screen mode, some bug fixes, and optimizations for system power consumption, call stability.
The full changelog is enlisting here in the below:
Fixed the issue that NFC cannot be turned on in a small probability
- Fixed the issue that Play Store could not install the app
- Fixed the lagging issue with the MX player
- Fixed the issue that NFC cannot be turned on in a small probability Optimize the stability of the call
- Optimized the user experience with a split-screen of apps
- Optimized some UI display with Alarms
- Optimized system power consumption
- Fixed the issue that gaming frame rate decreased when pulling down the status bar
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
- Fixed the low probability automatic disconnection issue with Wi-OTA.
The OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro units running the previous beta build will receive the Open Beta 4 as an OTA. But the OxygenOS beta builds aren’t so stable as the Offical updates and are best avoided on primary smartphones.