The stable update is more important for a flagship phone. Now OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro is going to receive an Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 stable update soon. In June, OnePlus has released it’s Android 11 beta version. But now, after four months they have announced for its stable update. It’s a piece of good news for 8 and 8 Pro users.
It is high time to tell you the truth. Actually, OxygenOS brings a new design and is expected to improve the overall performance of the phone. Another important information is, it comes with an Always-on Ambient Display, five new themes for Zen Mode, and a custom time range feature for the Dark Mode.
OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro receive Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 stable update
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
Ambient Display – OnePlus 8
- Added Always-on Ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
Zen Mode – OnePlus 8
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and videos in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
Others – OnePlus 8
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -“Widget” – “Settings” – Select the widget.